|X10 - 2.3.3 Update
It is no longer needed to install the prerooted image mentioned below. Just flash a generic SE update (see the roms for FlashTool down the page) and use the new FlashTool (0.4.2) to root your device.
SE has finaly released the 2.3.3 Gingerbread update. You can find the rooting instructions here: XDA topic.
Since I could not wait I am running the prerooted xRecovery backup which works perfectly (thanks to DooMLoRD; XDA topic).
- Copy the contents of prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_fixed_rec.7z into /sdcard/xrecovery/backup
- Boot into xRecovery and restore the backup.
- Wipe cache partition, delete the data partition and clear the Dalvik cache
- Remove your battery for about 20 seconds
- Turn on your phone and enjoy
If you, like me, could not wait for another minute after release of the prerooted image you quite possibly have a problem with xRecovery's sdcard access. To fix this do the following:
- Copy the fixed xRecovery installer onto your sdcard
- Boot into xRecovery
- Connect to your phone with ADB (adb.exe shell) and type in the following commands:
rm -r /sdcard
chmod 777 sdcard
- Install the xRecovery installer like you would normally (custom zip from sdcard) and reboot your phone
If you do not have adb.exe you can get it here: Android SDK.
Since the original links have been removed from the relevant topic on XDA (link; a perfect example why I reupload all files I mention on these page's) I have uploaded the versions I could find below:
As soon as I find other versions I will update the list!
The following patches will improve any generic 2.3.3 install. You need to install them thru xRecovery!